Moreen Torpy is an Author and Professional Organizer. Since 2004 in her role as the De-Clutter Coach, she offers her clients an improved quality of life through becoming organized. She continues this work with her Virtual Organizing Service. Always an organized person, Moreen remembers as a child lining up her mother’s scattered shoes, placing them carefully against a wall and posting a For Sale sign. She holds several Certificates of Study from the Institute for Challenging Disorganization, a Certificate of Completion in Hoarding and Clutter Coaching in a Hoarding Environment. Always curious to learn more, she continues studying in relevant fields. Moreen has authored three books: Going Forward: Downsizing, Moving and Settling In, Let’s Get Organized: 172 Tiplets to Simplify Life and Christmas Workbook: how to plan and create a more meaningful Christmas.
Some Points We Discussed
- Moreen’s career path has not been a straight road.
- She has worked in secretarial, fashion design, book marketing, podcasting, virtual book tours and virtual organising.
- In 2004, following a move to a smaller city where she was overqualified for available jobs, Moreen began her own business as a professional organiser.
- Due to a health issue, Moreen decided to write her first book, “Going Forward: Downsizing, Moving and Settling In”
- Other books Moreen has written are :
- “Let’s Get Organized:172 Tiplets to Simplify Life”
- “Christmas Workbook: how to plan and create a more meaningful Christmas.”
- It is important to always have an option or backup plan to fill in gaps or take over when plan A doesn’t work out.
- Life involves some form of organising, some people are natural organisers while others aren’t.
- Organisation skills can be learned.
- The life of an entrepreneur faces challenges as well as many opportunities.
- When contemplating a career transition:
- Learn what your strengths are, what you enjoy doing and what you will enjoy doing for a long time.
- Find someone who can teach you .
- Appreciate that the road ahead will have many twists and turns and always have several backup plans.
Find Moreen on Social Media
Liesel helps sensitive introverts to see their sensitivity as a superpower, love their work and practice awesome self-care so they can be energized and make a difference in a meaningful and fulfilling way. She helps them to overcome the fear of being visible, avoiding the spotlight and conflict, being ‘too nice’, perfectionism and procrastination.
She’s the author of “No Problem. The Upside of Saying No”, which is a handbook for those who struggle to say no, are overwhelmed and exhausted.
Click here to read about the book.