Moreen Torpy is an Author and Professional Organizer. Since 2004 in her role as the De-Clutter Coach, she offers her clients an improved quality of life through becoming organized. She continues this work with her Virtual Organizing Service. Always an organized person, Moreen remembers as a child lining up her mother’s scattered shoes, placing them carefully against a wall and posting a For Sale sign. She holds several Certificates of Study from the Institute for Challenging Disorganization, a Certificate of Completion in Hoarding and Clutter Coaching in a Hoarding Environment. Always curious to learn more, she continues studying in relevant fields. Moreen has authored three books: Going Forward: Downsizing, Moving and Settling In, Let’s Get Organized: 172 Tiplets to Simplify Life and Christmas Workbook: how to plan and create a more meaningful Christmas.
Some Points We Discussed
- Moreen’s career path has not been a straight road.
- She has worked in secretarial, fashion design, book marketing, podcasting, virtual book tours and virtual organising.
- In 2004, following a move to a smaller city where she was overqualified for available jobs, Moreen began her own business as a professional organiser.
- Due to a health issue, Moreen decided to write her first book, “Going Forward: Downsizing, Moving and Settling In”
- Other books Moreen has written are :
- “Let’s Get Organized:172 Tiplets to Simplify Life”
- “Christmas Workbook: how to plan and create a more meaningful Christmas.”
- It is important to always have an option or backup plan to fill in gaps or take over when plan A doesn’t work out.
- Life involves some form of organising, some people are natural organisers while others aren’t.
- Organisation skills can be learned.
- The life of an entrepreneur faces challenges as well as many opportunities.
- When contemplating a career transition:
- Learn what your strengths are, what you enjoy doing and what you will enjoy doing for a long time.
- Find someone who can teach you .
- Appreciate that the road ahead will have many twists and turns and always have several backup plans.
Find Moreen on Social Media