Thank you for your valued contribution as Co-Author!!
I’m so excited that you have decided to participate in this project. I believe our book will assist and support many people who are going through tough times because of a sick, dying or passed-on animal.
Thank you for wanting to make a difference, and bring your voice and message out to the world. I believe that because this project is coming from our hearts, it’s going to be a wonderful journey of growth, fun, learning and maybe a bit of stretching.
Here, again, are some of the details to refresh the memory.
Working Title: Inspiration and Self Help for Sick Pets and their Worried Humans (other suggestions welcome!)
Time Frame: Hand in your Article or Chapter by 30 June 2014, ready for editing
Size of Contribution: 500 – 2,000 words (negotiable)
Publication Date: 31 August 2014
What’s In It for You:
- Great exposure.
- Getting published.
- I’m a published author and am doing a lot to market my first book and will do the same for future books. I use Teleseminars, Virtual Book Tours, Social Media, Newsletters and my blogs in this process.
- We’ll all be marketing this one book so together we’ll reach a bigger audience.
- You’ll be listed as co-author, and your website and picture will be in the book.
- If you have a big event planned, this is the perfect marketing tool. A “published author” provides credibility and authority. It’s the ultimate business card!
What’s required for this project to work:
- I’ll have it proofread, edited and published, and a cover designed. I’ll use professionals for these tasks so we have a magnificently professional finished product.
- A contribution of $99 from each person for the above costs. If you think this is a lot, can I let you know that for my first book, I needed to hand ZAR16,000 to my publisher ($1,600)!!
- Agreement to provide your article/chapter by 30 June 2014.
- For a start, I will publish on Kindle only because that’s the easiest way for people to buy the book worldwide. As I go along, I’m investigating print options and will communicate with you. I’m sure you’d love to hold an actual copy in your hands.
Questions I’ve had so far:
Are there other costs?
Not that I can foresee right now. I’m willing to take the time to learn how to get it uploaded to CreateSpace, where it doesn’t cost anything to have your book uploaded and prepared for printing. That’s going to “cost” me in time, and I won’t ask you for reimbursement. From CreateSpace, anyone in the whole world can order copies through Amazon. For printing in South Africa, I really don’t have any idea what we’ll do yet. I need time to look into options. I will ask my previous publisher what costs there will be, or if we do it ourselves, we’d need to put our heads together. Printing IS expensive, and needs special layouts.
This is the first time I’m running this kind of project, please bear with me as I figure it all out. It’s going to be FUN, wonderful, exciting, and at the same time it may “stretch” you a bit – and all of it’s okay. We’re going to create something precious and wonderful together!!
Why the Upfront Investment/Payment?
I totally understand the question. It’s to show you’re committed.
A book is a long process, and it’s a creation process. Any creation starts with commitment. And commitment shows up in either our bank account, or our calendar. Are we spending money or time on it? That’s what shows whether we’re committed or not. I can tell you now that sometimes it feels like an ARDUOUS process especially if a project takes months, and there are always temptations to “give up” or think “I’m tired of it now. No-one’s going to mind if I stop/give up.” That’s just a feeling, and feelings come and go. Making a commitment becomes the driving force behind reaching a goal, not our feelings. Enthusiasm is a feeling and can wane over time. Commitment gets stronger, through thick and thin.
Guess what? It also keeps ME committed to the book. I have been through this process once and remember that it can feel a bit overwhelming and easy to “stop” if there’s nothing to hold a person accountable. So, I’m holding myself accountable and committed too. I’m asking for your money, your faith, and through my conscience and values I AM committed to this wonderful book and can’t wait to see it through to being PUBLISHED!
With that said – let’s get this ball rolling with a show of commitment! Please click the link below to fill in your name, email and a few details. You’ll be asked for a proposed title and a bit of an idea of what you’d like to write. It’s NOT set in stone, you can change – it’s to help start your process.
Love and Light